Reid Residential Lettings is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and we take our responsibility regarding the security of your information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us and through your use of our website.
- What we do with that data.
- How we store the data.
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to.
Data Protection Officer’s details
Our Data Protection Officer is Val McCann. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Reid Residential Lettings, 8 Market Street, Oakham. LE15 6DY.
The Personal Data we collect from you
We hold and securely store the following information on our clients:
- Your email address(es).
- Your home address.
- Your telephone and/or mobile phone number(s).
- Your bank account details.
- Any other information you are obliged to impart to us with regards to either your contract with us as a Landlord or as one of our Tenants.
When you visit our website we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Why we need your data and how we use it
- The personal data of visitors to our website who provide details via the ‘Contact Us’ page is not retained by us once the specific enquiry has been completed unless otherwise requested by the enquirer; for example a request to be put on a waiting list as a Tenant for a specific type of property.
- For both Landlords and Tenants, it is necessary to process and store your data in order to fulfil both your and our obligations under any contract we may hold with regards to the letting or rental of a property.
- We only collect data via our website whilst responding to specific enquiries and do not use this information to send unsolicited promotional material of any description.
- Following the termination of any contract between Reid Residential Lettings and a Landlord or Tenant we will destroy any personal data which we may hold on you as an individual.
Security of your Personal Data
We adopt industry standard strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data. We also protect it against damage, destruction and accidental loss.
Who we transfer or disclose your data to
- We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. With your permission, as one of our clients, we will share your contact details as and when required with tradesmen (plumbers, electricians etc) who may be required to undertake scheduled work or emergency repairs at your address.
- At the commencement of any Tenancy Agreement it is necessary for us to undertake Reference/Credit checks using your personal data with an approved Credit/Reference Agency.
- Tenants’ deposits are protected by Mydeposits, a government approved Tenancy Deposit Protection company, to whom we may also provide your personal data.
- Where we provide links to websites of other organisations (zoopla.co.uk, primelocation.com and onthemarket.com) this privacy notice does not cover how those organisations process personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
Your rights concerning the data we store about you
- You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies.